Who doesn’t love pumpkin bread? This one is not too dry, not too moist, just about perfect.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups Super Flour
- 3/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 3 pastured eggs, well-beaten
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey (white Himalayan honey is perfect)
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of melted organic coconut oil
- ½ tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon (freshly ground)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (freshly grated)
- ¼ tsp cloves (freshly ground)
- ¼ tsp cardamom (freshly ground)
- 1/2 cup chopped-up chocolate or chocolate chips. Go as dark as possible.
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Here’s what to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease an 8” loaf pan
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a small bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the larger dry ingredients bowl and fold/stir very gently, just till everything is moist. Do not overstir.
- Fold in chocolate chips and/ or nuts, if you’re putting those in
- Pour the mixture gently into the pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes. I use a convection oven, and it takes 35 minutes.
- It’s done when a tester comes out clean. Or if you want to get compulsive, you can take its temperature. I like brad that gets to around 180F (it’s a little moister), but some prefer 190F
- You should probably wait for it to cool. But you won’t. So just go to it. Thick cool slices of salted pastured butter (I love Organic Valley) make everything perfect.