3 Ingredient Paleo Beauty Gummies
In our quest of all natural beauty, collagen has been the leader in products emerging to help with skin, hair, and nails and thanks to Vital Proteins products, there are a variety of ways we can get this healthy protein.
What is collagen?
Straight from the source, "Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is a key constituent of all connective tissues. Collagen provides the infrastructure of the musculoskeletal system, essential for mobility."
Supplementing our diet (we can't live on bone broth alone!) with collagen in the form of peptides, gelatin, or the variety of products Vital Proteins makes, a helpful for a number of reasons, best outlined here by Vital Proteins:
THE BODY BENEFITS:
- Enhance Hair, Skin & Nails: Stir peptides into your favorite drink to rescue thinning hair, dull skin and brittle nails.
- Improve Digestion: Naturally occurring amino acids in collagen peptides provide a strong line of defense for your gut.
- Boost Joint Health: Help improve joint health and bring more comfort to your next 5K, yoga class or walk around the block.
How do I take them?
Collagen peptides are very popular for their ability to be stirred into both hot and cold liquids. Their more solidified counterpart, collagen gelatin, gels up when added to liquid, giving you the ability to use it in fun recipes including custards, jello, etc.
Another fun product that Vital Proteins has created to make collagen more ready to use are their Beauty Waters which combine collagen, hyaluronic acid, probiotics in three flavors, available in single serving packets for sipping and making happy tissue!
I have always loved making homemade gummy bears/fruit snacks using Vital's gelatin so I figured it was only natural to create some more "grown up" flavored bears using their delicious new Beauty Waters.
Here's how to make it
1 Cup water
2 Tbsp collagen gelatin
2 tsp honey
1. Bring 1 Cup of water to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of honey, mixing well.
2. Set aside and allow to cool completely (so as not to kill any of the probiotics in the Beauty Water.)
3. When cooled, add 1 packet of Beauty Water and 2 Tbsp gelatin, mixing well.
4. Spoon or use an eyedropper/baster to put the liquid into silicon candy molds of your choice.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours, remove from mold and enjoy.