4 Ingredient Whole30 Avocado Apple Slaw Recipe
I swear, sometimes I can LIVE on a big salad, however lately, greens and lettuce have just not been appealing to me at all. Enter the non-lettuce salad. I LOVE to use different slaw mixes as a salad base, like broccoli slaw, or cabbage slaw, and one day while throwing together a little bit of everything I had on hand to make a quick dinner this refreshing little salad came to be.
This is great for a cookout, or as a main for dinner, just top with a piece of grilled meat or shredded chicken to round it out into a complete meal. The best part of all is it uses just 4 Whole 30 friendly ingredients so there aren't a ton of different items you'll need to collect before making your own.
Here's how to make it
1 bag cabbage slaw mix (9 oz)
1 avocado, ripe
1 large Fuji apple (or other sweet variety)
1. Dump the cabbage mix into a large bowl, then scoop the avocado flesh on top.
2. With clean hands, work the avocado into the cabbage mix, coating it all and breaking down the cabbage to slightly softened.
3. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
4. Dice apple and green onion into small pieces and toss into slaw mix.
5. Top with cashews and serve.